Today, around 3PM, some contractors accidentally damaged our fiber feeding about 10% of our customer base. Normally, this would mean a very long outage while the damage was located and repaired.
Luckily, a *NEW* fiber line was completed last week but we didn’t yet have it activated.
Through quick action of our team, we were able to get the new line activated and traffic re-routed to allow people to resume their normal internet usage.
We have backup wireless links but today we discovered they’re woefully inadequate and we are working on plans for alternative backup solutions.
Thanks Scott & Shannon for handling the onslaught of calls and thanks Brian for running and plugging things in and activating the new circuit.